There’s talk of putting in a TGV-fast train-from Aix to Nice and it would go through vineyards and farms near Mount St. Victoire, the mountain that Cezanne painted over 80 times.
So today farmers and wine growers from that area had a demonstration at La Rotonde, the largest fountain in Aix. It is also a huge round about, so they basically snarled up traffic for a while, but it was interesting to watch.
I hope they win. I hiked that mountain on 1/1/2000 with a group of friends and we drank champagne at the top.
I liked how the water from the fountain and the cool lions were all a part of the tractors with their signs—kind of a collage…
'Fall in Provence' 2008
- home at the farm again...
- L'Hôtel Manoir in Aix-en-Provence
- La Bandol, France
- Hello from Bandol on the Mediterranean
- Hello from Lîle de Bendor
- Arles, France
- Aix-en-Provence, part 2
- A sunny day in Aix-en-Provence
- Sainte Maxime, France
- Terre Blanche, Provence, Part 2
- Terre Blanche, Provence
- SFO Airport, Air France Première Class lounge...
- Travel Lodge, SFO Airport,